The St. James’ Cathedral organ is a fine English Romantic/American Classic instrument in beautiful acoustics with a large, colourful antiphonal division on the rear wall of the Cathedral.
The organ was built originally in 1888 by the Samuel R. Warren Company of Montréal, Québec, and then expanded and maintained through the first three quarters of the 20th century by Casavant Frères of St. Hyacinthe, Québec. The solid-state console was built by J.W. Walker of England in 1979.
The organ has 87 ranks, 67 speaking stops over four manuals and six divisions, and 5101 pipes.
To download a PDF with full Cathedral organ specifications, click here.